To assist new parents with the cost of prescription drugs while waiting for their child to be registered. The program can provide a purchase order to most BC Pharmacies. Parents can then pick up their child’s prescription without having to worry about paying out of pocket for prescriptions.
What is Covered?
Drugs listed on the Nisga’a Formulary, drugs considered necessary, and drugs that are prescribed by the treating physician or specialist.
What is Not Covered?
Over the Counter Medications (OTC ‘s) are medications that can be purchased without a prescription.
What is the Criteria?
Baby’s parents must hold citizenship with the Nisga’a Nation, and possess a Great West Life Non-Insured Health Benefits Card. To confirm Nisga’a citizenship or to apply for citizenship, contact Nisga’a Lisims Government Eligibility and Enrollment at 1-888-311-9457.
How to Access the Program:
- Step 1: Bring prescription to pharmacy.
- Step 2: Inform pharmacy that you are a Nisga’a client, and that NVHA has a Baby’s 1st Fill Program.
- Step 3: Have pharmacy contact Karen Leeson, Medical Supplies, Equipment & Vision Clerk 1-888-233-2212 for purchase order process.
- Step 4: Upon acceptance of purchase order, your child’s prescription will be ready for pick-up.
- NOTE: The NIHB program can also reimburse clients.
What is your responsibility?
Register your baby with one of the four Village Governments:
- Gitlaxt’aamiks Village Government: 1-877-588-2388
- Gitwinksihlkw Village Government: 250-633-2294
- Laxgalts’ap Village Government: 1-877-447-0077
- Gingolx Village Government: 1-800-736-5511