The physicians in the Nass Valley provide comprehensive primary care services to the 4 communities of Gitlaaxt’aamiks, Gitwinksihlkw, Laxgalts’ap, and Gingolx.
Primary care services include:
- prevention and treatment of diseases and injuries
- referrals to/coordination with hospitals and specialists to ensure continuity and integration of care
- primary mental health care and care of people with addictions, in close association with our mental wellness team
- palliative and end-of-life care
- health promotion and management of chronic diseases
- healthy child development and prenatal care
We work closely with nursing staff, public health, community health representatives, home care and mental wellness team to coordinate care for individual patients and to respond to community health needs.
Physicians also provide 24/7/365 urgent/emergency care in the valley.
Visiting specialist clinics include rheumatology, general surgery, internal medicine and the mobile diabetes clinic.
Nisga’a Valley Health Authority (NVHA) is committed to improving the health of our people, our communities, and our Nation. Effective health service delivery is key to improving Nisga’a health. The NVHA prides itself on the highest level of physicians and nurses it recruits to deliver health care services to all peoples resident in the Nass Valley. NVHA medical staff are experts in their respective fields, and they are dedicated to strengthening the health of people within Nisga’a communities.