During this difficult time, NVHA Mental Wellness staff will be on standby. If you would like to reach out for services or just someone to talk to, please call us at the Gitwinksihlkw Health Center: 250-633-2611.
The following resources are also available:
- KUU-US Crisis Line Society: a 24-hour provincial Indigenous crisis line. Adults call 250-723-4050; children and youth call 250-723-2040. Toll-free 1-800-588-8717.
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: Phone toll-free 1-855-242-3310 or chat online at ca.
- The Métis Crisis Line: available 24 hours a day at 1-833-MétisBC, 1-833-638-4722.
- Tsow Tun Le Lum: Phone 1-888-403-3123 to access the following cultural supports: Levi Martin, James Quatell or Mike Kelly.
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society (IRSSS): Phone 1-800-721-0066 or 604-985-4464 to access the following cultural supports: Sadie McPhee, Gertie Pierre or Yvonne Rigby Jones. Mental health and counselling services are also available from the IRSSS Resolution Health Support Workers.
Resource List: After hours emergency lines/help phone lines 24/7
Crisis Response Coordinator
NVHA after hours emergency – Gitlaxt’aamiks
NVHA after hours emergency – Gitwinksihlkw
NVHA after hours emergency – Laxgalts’ap
NVHA after hours emergency – Gingolx
MMH (24 hours)
Kuu-us Crisis Line
Kids Help Phone 24/7
Text word “connect” to 686868 to access text support
Suicide Line – Canadian Mental Health
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness
Victim Link BC – victims of family or sexual violence
National Indian Residential School Crisis Line
Foundry Virtual Clinic
Alcoholics Anonymous online meetings
If you would like to reach out for services with NVHA such as counselling, talk with an alcohol and drug addiction counsellor, or just someone to talk to please call us at the Gitwinksihlkw Health Center 250-633-2611 or email email@example.com to ask for an appointment with a counsellor.