NVHA is comprised of four (4) health centres located in each of the Nisga’a communities in the very beautiful and picturesque Nass Valley, BC. The main centre, the James Samuel Gosnell Memorial Health Centre (named in honour of the late James Gosnell) is located in New Aiyansh.
In this section you will be introduced to our vibrant team of staff and our board of directors, learn about our successes and our history and our commitment to privacy, find information on our vision 2020 and exciting future directions, and get updates on job postings. A place to provide feedback or concerns is also included in this section.
Our purpose is to promote a path of health and wellness drawing on both Nisga’a practices of culture and care and western medicines, by providing services and supports in a timely, caring and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards for the individuals and communities of the nation.
We embrace and enrich the strength of Nisga’a people in wellness and spirit, in the tradition of Sayt-k’il’im-goot through a transformative Nisga’a healthcare dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Our independence – the Nisga’a Nation can design a healthcare system specific to our citizens
- Our Elders and traditional knowledge holders are available to guide us
- Our responsive, accessible healthcare system provides unparalleled access to nurses and physicians
- Our lands, traditional foods, and our culture
- Our focus on approaching clients with understanding and compassion
- Our skilled and experienced healthcare providers
- Our team-based model