Two big improvements have been made to the Nisga’a health benefits program. First, there is now more coverage for eye vision.
Secondly, we no longer require pre-approvals for vision expenses, which makes processing these expenses quicker.
Below is the updated eye vision coverage. If you want the health care expenses forms, please email the Nisga’a Health Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following visioncare services and supplies are covered if performed by a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist and services are required to correct vision:
- Maximum Payable $130
- Eye examinations, including refraction, once every 24 months for adults and once every 12 months for children (up to age 19)
Glasses, Contact Lenses
- Maximum Payable $285
- Every 24 months for Adults and every 12 months for children (under age 19)
Repairs to Frames
- Maximum Payable $401 year
- after purchase for Adults and 6 months after purchase for Children (under age 19)
Lenses (Single bifocal, lenticular, trifocal, contacts)
- Maximum Payable $340
- Every 24 months for Adults & Children (under age 19
- Maximum Payable $300
- Every 24 months for Adults & Children (under age 19)
OPT Coherence Biometric Measurements
- Maximum Payable $275 per eye for Adults & Children (under age 19)
How to Make a Claim
1. If the provider is set up to submit claims direct to Canada Life on behalf of individuals
a. Provide the Nisga’a Health Authority policy number (51364) and the individual’s Canada Life ID number at the time of visit.
2. If the claim requires payment out-of-pocket, please have the individual complete a Health Claim form with their signature, attach the paid invoice(s) and mail it to
Regina Health and Dental Benefit Payment
Office PO Box 4408
Regina, SK, S4P 3W7
Where a paper claim is being mailed to Canada Life, it is a good rule of thumb to make a copy of the form and submitted receipts (even a photo of the documents with your mobile phone) for your records. These will make it easier for Canada Life to support you if there is an issue with the submission.
For questions regarding your coverage or claims please contact our Group Customer Contact Services team at 1-800-957-9777. Make sure you have the policy number (51364) and your Canada Life ID number when you call.